We’d love to have you here!
Students applying will be selected through a process that may include a review of previous school performance, teacher recommendations, admissions testing if deemed necessary, and a successful parent/guardian and student interview with the principal. If previous school records do not provide a clear assessment of the student’s ability to be successful at Heritage Christian Academy, the school may require additional testing. Applications are not considered complete until ALL forms have been received. Admission to and continued enrollment in Heritage Christian Academy is at the sole discretion of the school. Heritage Christian Academy does not discriminate of the basis of race, color, national, or ethnic origin.
Should you desire more information than is available on our website, please Request More Information and our Admissions Office will contact you. If you have not already done so, please consider making an appointment to visit. We would very much like to meet you and encourage you to tour our school and campus.
We appreciate your interest and hope to assist you any way we can. If you have questions, please feel free to contact us at 601-215-6327.
Heritage Christian Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. Heritage Christian Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
You will create an Online Application account, so you may want to gather the following documents to have them ready.
Interviews and/or entrance tests will not be scheduled until the file is complete with all academic records and required Referral forms. You will need all this:
- Grades from current year and the previous school years (grades 1-HS)
- Most recent standardized test scores (grades 3- HS)
Referral Forms and Survey
- Pre-Kindergarten Teacher survey (incoming Pre-K and K, to be completed by current Pre-K teacher)
- PK and K Parent Survey (completed by parent)
- Two (2) Recommendation forms that are emailed directly to the principal/teacher, so please have their email address ready.
- Teacher recommendation (grades 1-HS); Math or English teacher required for 6th-HS.
- Principal or other administration recommendation (grades 1-HS)
Non-refundable application fee of $50.00
Additional documents required for PK and K (to verify age) – Copy of student’s birth certificate
Step Two: Admissions Testing & Screening
- Once we receive your submitted application and fee, your child will be scheduled for their entrance assessment.
- Incoming K-10th grade students take assessments in math and reading.
- Incoming 11th and 12th graders do not take an entrance test if they have a qualifying score on the most recent ACT. If the student has not taken the ACT, they will be required to take an assessment in reading and math.
- Students will have an interview with an administrator after their testing.
Step Three: Admissions Criteria and Decisions
- Pre-Kindergarten students must be four years old by September 1st of the school year.
- Kindergarten students must be five years old by September 1st of the school year.
- K-12th grade applicants must have a qualifying score on their entrance assessment.
- 4th-12th grade applicants must have at least a 2.5 overall grade point average.
- All applicants must have a satisfactory parent/student interview with administration.
- A record of good behavior and attendance from previous school.
- The administration reserves the right to determine whether or not the family is mission appropriate.
- The admissions committee will prayerfully consider your child’s application. You will receive your child’s admissions decision via email within one week of the entrance test and interview.
Step Four: Enrollment Contract (Online)
If your child is accepted, you will receive instructions on how to complete your online enrollment contract. In order to secure your child’s place at HCA, the enrollment contract and the non-refundable registration fee must be submitted online within one week of the acceptance email.